Wednesday 28 April 2010

Art About Town. The Studio, Hair Salon, Bury St Edmunds





Yesterday I spent most of the day organizing work for Art About Town which brings together local business's and Suffolk Open Studio artists and their artwork in the business premises of the artist's choice. The aim is to promote the SOS organisation and activities that kick of with this event followed by the showcase exhibition at Blackthorpe Barn, Rougham , 15th-23rd May and artists opening their studios during weekends in June.

My choice is a friendly busy hair salon in Bury St Edmunds - The Studio, Hair Salon, 12 Churchgate St. Bury St Edmunds. They have recently refurbished the salon working with the lovely timber framed building and heavily beamed ceiling I think it looks great . The salon was really buzzing when I put up my work customers and staff were really interested in the art work and were keen to take a SOS directory home.

Thank you to Dawn the owner of the salon for taking part and her staff for allowing me to take photos of them at work. I left plenty of SOS directory's so go in and pick one up. The exhibition ends on 24th May.




1 comment:

  1. This is great, lovely to see your work about town, I would like to do the same thing! x

    ReplyDelete